Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Jack Daniel's Salmon

I started summer classes last night, and Andrew was nice enough to make dinner. He made Jack Daniel's Salmon, one of my favorites. Plus it's super-easy: he made the marinade after work, let the salmon sit and cooked it in the oven when I got home. Last night we had it with couscous and green beans. These pictures are from our one-month anniversary, when we made a salad with mandarin oranges and uncooked Ramen noodles. Yum!


I know my recent posts make it look like I am obsessed with bourbon, but I promise this is just a super-good salmon recipe. I've loved it since I was little. You really do want it with couscous so it can absorb all the marinade.


Jack Daniel's Salmon
1 cup Jack Daniel’s (or other bourbon)
½ cup soy sauce
2 rounded Tablespoons fresh ginger, grated finely
8 cloves garlic, sliced
4 Tablespoons brown sugar
½ cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons Grey Poupon mustard

Mix ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Cool.

When the marinade is cool, pour over up to 3 pounds of salmon. Marinate for at least an hour and up to 2 hours. Salmon can be simmered with marinade, skin side up, on top of the stove for 10-15 minutes, or baked at 375 for 20-25 minutes, until flesh is firm. Do not crowd salmon in pan as it will extend cooking time and dry out salmon near the edges of the pan.

Spoon some of the marinade and the caramelized garlic over the salmon to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment